A Disc Jockey (DJ) creates and reproduces music. DJs can work in different places, and their functions vary according to the place. For example, DJs who work for radio stations (Radio DJs) select and play records, but they also talk and entertain listeners. DJs can also work in clubs (Club DJs), there they do not only choose music and songs, but they combine them to create different sounds. There are the mobile DJs too; they work in events as weddings or birthdays.
There is not a DJ school, however a communication, broadcasting or journalist degree in your Disc Jockey Resume will help, especially for Radio DJs. Clubs DJs or mobile DJs will have another DJ as mentor and study under them.
The salary also depends on the industry. Radio DJs earn between $28 and $45 thousand per year. Mobile DJs are self-employees, they look for their own clients and can make between $27 and $40 thousand. The salary of a Club DJ is the most irregular, most of them earn around $25 to $35 thousand nevertheless the most popular ones can make more than $100 000
301 Fairbanks Ave.
Camden, NJ 07830
Disc Jockey/Radio Announcer.
A well defined personality with seventeen years of on on-air radio experience. Awarding winning show host and disc jockey.
Morning Show Host, 1999 to Present WKMX FM, New York, NY
Hosted the city's highest rated morning talk show for the 6 - 10a.m. slot. Notable guests included Jerry Sienfeld, Dennis Rodman, Tiger Woods, Vanessa Williams, & Mike Meyers.
Disc Jockey, 1992 to 1999 WAMP, Miami, FL
Hosted Miami's highest rated lunch hour program, Flashback Lunch. Voted Best DJ by the editors of the Miami Herald Arts & Entertainment section.
B.A., Communications, 1992 Drew University, Madison, NJ
More Disc Jockey Resume Samples
To work as a DJ, the experience is important, but it is also important to become popular among people in the entertainment business. DJs must always have a well written Disc Jockey Resume sample with them so they can give it to any important person they meet.
35 W 14th St New York, NY 10001 - (646) 454-5854 - email@example.com
To get a job as a disc jockey in an entertainment organization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Won the "New York annual contest "Feel the Beats" in 2009.
- More than 5 years experience as a DJ.
- Member of the D.J.B. Association, LA
- Have a wide and varied music collection.
- Capable of repairing equipment on the spot.
- Excellent hand and finger dexterity at the music discs.
- Knowledge of the most recent and advanced music technologies.
- Able to understand people's like and the kind of music they want.
Mckenna's Pub New York, NY
Radio Disc Jockey
Radio Millennium New York, NY
Bar 907 New York, NY
2005 - 2007
- DJs new times exposition in 2011.
- Mobile music exposition in 2009.
- New beats exposition in 2007.
- Three month training course in "Disc Jockeying" at Music Professional Institute, New York, NY (2004).