An entry level accountant updates and maintains the company's financial records; therefore, they are responsible for analyzing information to prepare financial statements. Likewise they establish financial records of the company's profits, assets, liabilities; consequently they are essential to every company. They usually work in comfortable environments that are equipped with personal computers and telephones, among other electronic devices. Furthermore, these professionals enjoy great working conditions in accounting departments by assisting senior accountants.
168 Archibald St.
Cincinnati, OH 45244
Summary of Qualifications
Maintained accounts payable records.
Filed developing capital project procedures and audit controls.
Developed and maintained capital project files.
Reviewed capital projects purchases.
Assisted in development of computer programs for maintaining capital projects.
Reconciled various expenditure reports to source documents.
Reviewed procurement documents and invoices for accuracy.
Prepared routine entries and posted financial transactions.
Reconciled entries and internal ledgers to financial system reports.
Assisted in preparation of financial statements.
2006 - Present Johansen & Sons Athens, OH
Responsible for all basic accounting functions. Coordinated distribution of invoices and classified transactions.
1999 - 2004 Giant Food Stores Akron, OH
Assistant Accounting Clerk
Reported directly to the CEO. Handled all corporate financial transactions. Drafted quarterly and annual financial statements
B.S. Accounting, Beloit College, Beloit WI
Graduated suma cum laude.
Available upon request.
Download this sample now:
More Entry Level Accountant Resume Samples
Choose an entry level accounting resume and then tailor it to your needs. The second resume template is more descriptive than the first one, because it has additional sections such as skills and interests.
1245 Worcester Street
Phone: (508) 655-4800
Looking for accountant job position in a firm.
- Reported the company's financial status to managers and CEOs.
- Assisted in the design of new capital projects.
- Audited all company's accounts.
- Prepared financial statements.
Commerce Group Inc, Webster, MA
Accounting Clerk (2009 to Present)
- Responsible for all accounting functions.
- Allocated invoices and organized transactions.
National Grid, Waltham, MA
Assistant Accounting Clerk (2006 to 2008)
- Reported directly to executives or CEOs.
- Responsible for all business financial transactions.
- Scheduled periodically financial statements.
Bentley University, Waltham, MA
From 2002 to 2005
- Organized routine entries and financial transactions documents.
- Assisted senior accountants to prepare financial statements.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting, 2001
Bentley University, Waltham, MA.
- Excellent communicative skills (oral and written).
- Expert in Ms Office and QuickBooks.
- Fast Typing (150 wpm.)
- Interested in financial matters.
- Reading books.
- Listening to classic music.
Download this sample now: