A Chief Financial Officer (CFO) basically runs the company. CFOs are in charge of almost everything that keep companies in a good state to keep functioning, They renegotiate contracts, approve projects, write checks, verify that reports are written concisely and show them to the respective authorities as well as to the public (be them stakeholders or not, they must simply inform). They also build relationships with their employees as well as with their clients; they make sure that everybody is following the code of ethics; they review and establish administrative policies.
Since a CFO is considered as the representative of the company, he faces a lot of pressure. The success or failure of a determined project will be attributed to him/her. It's also a job that demands a lot of traveling inside and outside the country. If you want to become a CFO, make sure that you have obtained enough experience that could be included in your Chief Financial Officer Resume.
6139 Westover Ave
Dallas, TX 75326
Home: (616) 555-2531
Office: (616) 555-5125
A challenging and rewarding position as a Chief Financial Officer.
- Increased cash flow with creative credit and inventory management systems that achieved turnovers 200% higher than industry norms.
- Negotiated and managed joint venture relationships with Fortune 500 international partners.
2002 - Present Chief Financial Officer
Jenson Telco, Dallas, TX - Directed financial systems, reporting, planning, financial controls, contract negotiations, facilities, strategic planning and investor relations for this $30 million communications company. Guided company from near startup to 5 consecutive years of record profits. Negotiated and managed partnerships with Kodak, P & E Electronics, & Vitex Industries. Reported to Chairman/ founder.
1998 - 2002 Corporate Controller
Harper Software, San Diego, CA - Redesigned contract administration, royalty and commission programs. Integrated newly acquired subsidiary. Company is now a $90 million, publicly held software house.
1994 B.A., International Business & Economics
Boston University, Boston, MA
Board of Directors, Goldman Sachs Foundation
Advisor, Future Business Leaders of America
Download this sample now:
More Chief Financial Officer Resume Samples
Any company will want to read a well-redacted Chief Officer Financial Resume. Include only important information and make sure that your resume portrays a good idea about your performance in previous jobs.
Canton, Maine 04221
To make sure that a company can generate enough profit as a Chief Financial Officer.
Summary of Accomplishments
2004-Present -Chief Financial Officer. Waldi Company, ME
- Strong leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge about accounting and business principles.
- Creative and innovative mind, always seeking the clients' satisfaction.
- Very organized.
- Reinvented and organized the actual structure of the company where information could be adequately passed on and some executives could be in charge of essential matters. Otherwise, the company would have become very disorganized and unable to keep up with its clients' interests. Promoted the use of technology, and fostered a good relationship with new clients. Gathered around 500 new clients.
2001-2004- Controller. Waldi Company, ME.
- Constantly reported accurate financial statements to the previous CFO, supervised the purchasing of new technologies that could maximize everybody's performance. Reviewed project costs.
- University of Maine.
Bachelor in Accounting, 2001.
Master in Business Administration, 2007.
Download this sample now: