A department store manager is a demanding job position, because it involves supervising workers, attracting customers, selling products or services, and ensuring a good customer service. Usually department store managers are hired by merchandise stores like supermarkets, department stores, retail outlets, etc. Although department store managers' functions vary from store to store, they are always responsible for the supervision of the staff personnel.
Regarding to education and training requirements for this position, a bachelor's degree is highly desirable by employers. However, in certain cases, applicants with a high school diploma are hired and then trained in customer service skills and management issues.
If you want to get a job position, you should start by writing a good department store manager resume. Finally, in this site we provide you with two resume templates; choose one of them and then tailor it to your needs.
317 Jefferson St.
Amherst, MA 01004
Seeking position as Department Store Manager.
- Four years of experience in retail merchandising, specializing in men's wear.
- Experience creating financial plans and meeting budgets.
- Created promotional concepts.
- Purchased and maintained inventory for a $12M company
- Experience creating radio and print advertisements.
Jones Department Store 2005 - Present
Buyer, New Englad Region
Supervised a sales staff of 22 associates.
Responsible for purchasing men's wear sold in the men's department of all company stores
in New England, with years sales exceeding $2M.
Drafted budgets, solved problems for individual stores, and developed new merchandising concepts.
Analyzed sales, planned key promotional events, and wrote quarterly reports.
J.C. Goodwin Department Store 2001 - 2005
Manager, Men's Department
Responsible for all aspects of Men's Department management.
Recruited and trained new employees.
Responsible for loss, prevention, inventory control, and merchandising.
Boston University, Boston, MA
Available upon request.
Download this sample now:
More Department Store Manager Resume Samples
Here each department store manager resume sample is aimed to a specific job seeker. The first is a summarized resume and the second one is an extended resume template for department store managers who have worked a long time in this business.
Mark K. Richardson
850 Lexington Street
To become a department store manager.
- Showed professional accomplishments by achieving target sales.
- Excellent leadership skills; actively encouraged staff personnel to perform assigned duties.
- Ability to deal with customer complaints.
American International College, Springfield, MA
Bachelor of Arts in Business Management 1999.
Department Store Manager: 2009 - Present
Lord & Taylor, Natick, MA
- Make sure that all products are perfectly ordered to attract customer's attention.
- Responsible for recruitment process and training period.
- Supervised staff operations to increase profitability.
- Assigned sufficient workers to meet clients' demand on the store floor.
- Reported store standards and incidents directly to CEOs.
Assistant Store Manager: 2004-2008
Walmart, Framingham, MA
- Worked with suppliers to place orders for new merchandise.
- Maintained stocks levels in the store.
- Contracted qualified personnel to meet the department store's needs.
- Trained new employees for customer service positions.
Assistant Store Manager: 2000 - 2003
Nordstrom, Natick, MA
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and maintaining sales records.
- Designed and implemented a new hiring system.
- Made sure customer complaints were solved promptly.
- Supervised staff personnel.
Download this sample now: