Teaching is a hard but rewarding job. It is the type of job in which one can deal with all kind of people and all ages. A teacher is responsible for all tasks that are pertinent to a class or course. Teachers design classes, present grade reports and talk with parents. A teacher also has to guide students in their personal growth.
A teacher resume sample must reflect not only the experience but your passion for teaching and leading young people in life.
629 South Andover St.
Toledo, OH 43606
(612) 555 - 0275
Position as an English teacher.
Ohio Secondary Certificate in English, December 2004
English Teacher, 2004 - Present
Oak Park High School, Toledo, OH
Student Teacher, 2003 - 2004
Urbana High School, Athens, OH
- Taught American Literature & Writing Composition to 9th - 12th graders.
- Organized cooperative learning activities.
- Implemented portfolio grading system in literature classes.
- Incorporated new texts into standard curriculum.
- Tutored students seeking additional guidance with course work.
- Assessed student performance throughout the term.
- Conducted individual student conferences.
- Chaperoned field trips and school dances.
- Taught American Literature to a diverse group of students.
- Implemented creative curricula utilizing outcome-based education & alternative assessments.
- Wrote and taught dynamic lesson plans.
- Tutored students after school and chaperoned field trips.
- Assisted with student government activities.
Speech & Debate, Theatre, Track & Field. I welcome the opportunity to coach extracurricular
B.A., English, 2003
Ohio University, Athens, OH
More Teacher Resume Samples
Some employers may ask for a certification in the specific education area; this can also be included in a teacher resume sample.
Rochelle D. Johnson
4236 Heron Way
Aloha, OR 97007
A teaching position in an elementary school in Aloha, OR.
An energetic person with great expectations on an education career specialized in English. Dedicated to provide the best care to children age 6 - 12 years old.
Klimpys Elementary School, Aloha, OR. 2009 - 2010
- Temporary Teaching Placement
- Temporary teacher for a class of 11 year old kids.
- Prepared English classes and assignments.
- Reviewed and corrected homework.
- Provided special attention to each student.
Roxxon Elementary School, Aloha, OR. 2008 - 2009
- Teaching Assistant.
- Assisted the teaching staff by preparing lessons.
- Corrected assignments.
- Assisted to many tutoring courses.
University of Boston, Boston MA 2003 - 2007
B.A. degree in Elementary Education, Graduated with Honors
- French - Basic level
- Norwegian - Advanced level
- Windows Office 2007: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of CMS, management of websites.