A QA test engineer tests software for it to be bug free and to work as it was expected. Such activities are done by using specialized software and other tools in the developed software to seek for failures or problems that a real user may have.
To become a QA test engineer one does not need long years of education; for a person that is interested in a position in QA test engineering there are programs on computer science that one can take in a college, such programs are focused on all computer basic knowledge that one may need to develop a career in software engineering and similar careers like QA test engineering. A QA test engineer resume sample must contain all information of relevant education on the computer subject.
The employment rate for this career is good; salaries are above the average in the US and the growing proportion is estimated to be higher by each year.
509 Wade Ave.
Akron, OH 44303
(610) 555 - 2536
Key leadership position in a fast-paced technology company with varried responsibilities and the potential for advancement.
- Software quality assurance and testing experience in a wide variety of environments.
- Functionality, compatibility, reliability, usability, installation, security and related test methodologies.
- Testing of web application, client-server, network, multimedia, and database projects on Windows, Macintosh and Unix operating systems.
- Leadership roles in creation and execution of QA and testing processes, test strategies and plans, and bug documentation and regression.
- Comfortable working solo and in a team environment.
- Extensive training in software testing theories and procedures.
Quintex Systems, Akron, OH
Founder & Director, 2004 to Present
(QA testing company)
DiTech Industries, Akron, OH
Quality Assurance Engineer, 2000 to 2004
Harrison Consultants, Pittsburgh, PA
CFO 1994 to 2000
First Financial, Pittsburgh, PA
Loan Officer, 1989 to 1994
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
B.S, Economics, 1999
Download this sample now:
More QA Test Engineer Resume Samples
A QA test engineer resume sample is going to be more eye-catching the more experience that you include. Employers will consider people who have a high capacity to handle a lot of programs.
Mike A. Tseng
3328 Collins Avenue
Columbus, OH 43085
Obtain a challenging position in a computer software company in which I can apply my knowledge and creativity for the company's development.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
- Extensive training and certifications in software testing.
- Team work and leadership skills.
- Great creativity and dedication for the industry.
QA Test Engineer (2010 - Present)
U.S. Robotics and Mechanical Men Corp; Columbus, OH
- Tested, Installed, upgraded, and maintained computer programs designed by the company.
- Monitored workers.
- Worked directly with computer technicians.
QA Test Engineer (2008 - 2010)
Corellian Engineering Corporation, Inc.; Cleveland, OH
- Tested material for big and renowned companies
QA Test Engineer Assistant (2005 - 2007)
Barrytron Software Testing Centers; Columbus, OH
- Lead software testing programs.
Columbus State Community College; Columbus, OH
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Microsoft Systems Engineer Certification (MSEC)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified Master (MCM)
- CompTIA: A+, Network+, Project+
Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 ultimate/apple-Mac.
Download this sample now: