Industrial engineers could work as consultants or internal managers. They must know how a company can be operated-they are usually conscientious of what problems they must deal with to improve the company's effectiveness- they must understand how many people are needed to form a working team. They must also think in terms of time, that is, they must consider work delays and fatigue to calculate productiveness. They also study the costs and the quality of the product. Most industrial engineers work at manufacturing industries. The average salary of an industrial engineer is about $60,000.
Write an industrial engineer resume that points out your most important skills. Your objective should indicate your willingness to obtain that job; it doesn't make much sense if you don't have your goals strongly outlined.
6213 Harrison Dr.
Detroit, MI 48092
(409) 555 - 9028
Seeking a position as an industrial engineer.
Summary of Experience
More than 12 years industry experience.
Proven ability to cut costs without sacrificing product quality.
AeroTech Industries, Detroit, MI
Senior Industrial Engineer, 2003 - Present
- Conducted research concerning design, manufacture, and testing of industrial aerospace components, equipment, and systems.
- Successfully streamlined manufacturing process, resulting in a savings of $1.7M in fiscal year 2006.
- Served as chair of New Energy Resource committee, reporting directly to company CEO.
JLG Industries, Detroit, MI
Junior Industrial Engineer, 1997 - 2003
- Lead assistant to head of Industrial Engineering Department.
- Introduced several, key streamlining procedures.
- Promoted to supervisor of department.
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
B.S., Industrial Engineering, 1997
More Industrial Engineer Resume Samples
You can always summarize your most outstanding goals or you can explain them extensively in the experience section. Whatever you do, don't forget to proofread your industrial engineer resume before you send it.
45 County Street
Tampa, Kansas 67483.
Home: (102) 5674-990
To work as an industrial engineer.
- Strong background in economics, logistics, mathematics and science.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Fluent in Spanish.
2007 to Present- Industrial Engineer MotorCompany, KS.
Increased production by 20% by changing old machines with new but affordable ones, suggested better work conditions (room ventilation) that improved peoples productivity by 10%, introduced new safety measures.
2004 to 2007- Assistant Industrial Engineer, DGP Enterprises, KS.
Recommended the revision of actual plant operations, used computer simulation, reported day-to- day plant operations, designed work operations where waste could be reduced to a minimum.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering, 2004.