Mechanical engineering is a laborious profession because it involves working and developing a wide range of machines such as elevators, machine tools, refrigerators, air conditioners, escalators etc. Evidentially, this job requires at least a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and technical knowledge about industrial machinery.
According to the BLS, these professionals spend a 40-hour working week in industrial plants; however, they usually work extra hours under pressure to meet the company's deadlines. The industrial sector has become profitable and more and more highly trained mechanical engineers are needed in the labor market.
18 Treher Rd.
Syracuse, NY 13191
(607) 555 - 9257
Challenging and rewarding upper-level position in a growth-oriented organization, which offers diverse job responsibility in mechanical engineering
and will fully utilize both my technical and managerial abilities.
Sprint Corporation, Syracuse, NY
Project Manager, 2005 - Present
Managed a twelve member team that designed and implemented universal high speed Gigabit ATM switch fabrics for high speed ALX product line.
Responsibilities included hardware design and product verification. Also responsible for EMC/EMI/RFI standards, compliance and testing.
Responsible for product support for manufacturing and field service operations.
JLC Design, Utica, NY
Mechanical Engineer, 2001 - 2005
Responsible for designing products and concepts under non-disclosure agreements for clients on cross-functional design teams which include Sr. Mechanical,
Electrical, and Product Designers. Responsibilities included plastics part design with 3D solid and surface models in Pro/Engineer,
concept development, product strategy, and presentation preparation.
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2001
Available upon request.
Download this sample now:
More Mechanical Engineer Resume Samples
If you want to be part of this huge labor force, then you will need a good mechanical engineer resume sample. It is recommended to use these templates and then tailor them to your needs.
278 Mott St # 1
Phone: (212) 431-7799
To obtain a senior mechanical engineer position in an organization where I can apply my expertise in mechanical engineering.
- Sound knowledge about machinery and tools.
- Technical knowledge of mechanics of materials and components.
- Can easily absorb new technical information.
Senior Mechanical Engineer, 2010 - Present
J & S Building Services, New York, NY
Worked in the workshop and supervised cars' engines, tires and shock absorbers.
- Budgeted assistance required for the maintenance of vehicles.
- Developed, designed, manufactured and carried out tests of engines and machines.
- Made 3D technical drawings of projects.
Mechanical Engineer, 2005 to 2009
E.R. Butler & Co, New York, NY
- Aided in the development of air-conditioning equipments, refrigerators and elevators.
- Evaluated, designed, and maintained machineries.
- Analyzed products and determined the testing and the manufacturing process.
- Oversaw the manufacturing and operation of process plants.
Junior Mechanical Engineer, 1999 to 2004
P L Industries, New York, NY
- Fixed engine motors.
- Budgeted motor and service appliances.
MS Mechanical Engineer, 1998
Cornell University-New York, NY.
BS Mechanical Engineering, 1995
St John's University-New York, NY.
- Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME.)
Download this sample now: