Project managers are the responsible for the company's projects. They assume all the responsibility of the project. Most of them work in fields related with construction or engineering; however, the health care is also kind of common nowadays. They plan projects, hire people to work on it (if necessary), organize the financial issues, assign tasks, develop strategies, plan the budget, etc. To summarize, they are involved in everything that is related with the project.
Years ago, a project manager could only work in the construction industry, but nowadays it has changed and it is possible for them to work in other industries like: Advertising, Architecture, Information technology, Technical, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Web Design, etc.
When you present your Project manager resume to a job, it is necessary a specialization in the industry where you want to work. The salary varies according to the industry. Some of the best paid fields are Information Technology, Health and Advertising.
319 Heath St.
Chicago, IL 60684
(419) 555 - 0237
A challenging and rewarding position as Project Manager.
Summary of Achievements
- Planned, directed, and managed designated projects.
- Ensured that objectives were accomplished in accordance with outlined priorities.
- Analyzed results of operations to discover more efficient ways to use resources.
- Coordinated the successful simultaneous development of several projects.
- Delegated responsibilities and designed time schedules.
- Negotiated contracts that ensured quality.
- Reviewed project status reports during each operational phase.
- Prepared weekly project status reports for management.
JTF Industries, Chicago, IL
Project Manager, 2005 to Present
Streamlined shipping opperations process, which was adopted by all JTF warehouses nationwide, resulting in an annual corporate savings of $3.3M. Directed and coordinated activities of projects through delegated members of project teams.
Vox Technologies, Chicago, IL
Project Manager, 2000 - 2005
Consolidated three divisions of a project management team, while still meeting high production goals, resulting in an annual savings of $1.1M. Designed model to more accurately predict project costs. Increased productivity of field work force by %38 percent, and reduced overall costs by %17 through increased efficiency.
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
B.S., Economics & Business, 1999
Download this sample now:
More Project Manager Resume Samples
If you just finished studying and it is the first time you are going to work, your Project manager resume will not be very extended so getting a big position with an excellent salary can be very difficult. The best is to start from low positions to gain experience.
18532 Black Farms,
Position desired: Project manager
To work in a serious and solid company, which has long term and challenging projects, to apply my knowledge gained during the years of experience, in creating new techniques to develop them.
- Coordinate different people or teams to realize the task assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Several years of experience in managing projects.
- Ability to develop and work within project budgets.
- Instructional Technology Specialist at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania from 2008 to 2010.
- Bachelor in Computer Science at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania from 2002 to 2007.
1. Company: Bluesky Technology Partners
Position: Project manager.
Date: From December 2008 to these days.
2. Company: New Image Software.
Position: Facility Provisioning Coordinator.
Date: From April 2005 to October 2008.
3. Company: Gale Force Software Corp
Position: Computer technician.
Date: From March 2003 to March 2005.
- Spanish - Advance level.
- Italian - Intermediate level.
- Microsoft office.
- Windows and Linux interface.
- SQL Server.
- MS Project
Download this sample now: