The main activities of a data analyst consist of analyzing, processing, modeling and reporting information to companies. This data will be later used to help companies take decisions in order to give the customer a better service. Thanks to data analysts, companies can develop new and better business strategies or improve the ones that are being used. A data Analyst uses a variety of techniques to transform the data they have into reliable information for the companies.
A data analyst can work in several fields or industries. The most common are: health care, business, banking, government, insurance, and finance. The salary will depend on the type of field. Business consultants are well-paid (they're paid between 40 and 60 thousand per year without bonuses and commissions.)
If you want to get a high salary, make sure that you have your Data Analyst Resume updated and try to get as much experience as you can. Superior courses as Masters or PhDs will also give more chances to earn more money.
809 South Andover St.
Oceanside, CA 92049
More than twelve years of experience with reporting software, including Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Cognos. Sound understanding of relational and denormalized databases. Working knowledge of SQL required. Proficient with Siebel, Aspect Call Center, and Aspect Data Mart.
2004 - Present Data Analyst
Institute for Data Research, Oceanside, CA
2001 - 2004 Junior Data Analyst
- Planned and built a large Perl application for translation of legacy HTML documentation in XML.
- Planned and built Java servlets for serving dynamic content using XML/XSLT.
- Personally developed many custom programs for transformation of legacy data for large clients using Perl/Python.
- Authored and taught modules and courses dealing with topics such as Strategic Implications of XML for Organizations, XSLT Programming, XML Architecture and related topics to audiences primarily consisting of CIOs, data analysts, and data managers.
Capital Financial, Eugene, OR
- Wrote Unix utilities on HP/UX, Linux, and Unix System Services for OS/390.
- Wrote web front ends for user tracking systems using Perl, GI, and RDBMS's.
- Coordinated company-wide rollout of software packages to 3 different platforms
1997 B.A., Computer Science
University of California, Los Angeles, CA
Download this sample now:
More Data Analyst Resume Samples
A company that is looking for a Data Analyst will receive several Data Analyst Resumes, for this reason it's important to make an outstanding resume. Do not forget that a resume does not have to be too long and it must only have the most relevant information.
124 s Mariposa Ave Los Angeles, CA
(323) 357 - 78545
To obtain a data analyst position in an organization to utilize my analytical skills to help the company realize its goals.
- Has basic knowledge in fields of finance, marketing, production and personnel management.
- Proficient with the data management policies, procedures and common technical tools.
- Strong analytical, evaluation and interpretation skills.
- Excellent planning and decision making abilities.
- Ability to execute tasks and plan abilities.
- Oracle Training - Oracle7/8/8i DBA training courses, 2010.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with Specialization in Information Technology at the Berkeley University of California 2008.
- Diploma in data Management at the New Jersey Institute of Technology, 2003.
- Programming languages like C, C++, Java, Visual Basic, .NET.
- Databases like MS Access, SQL and Oracle.
- MS Office tools.
- Business Applications Software.
1. Data Analyst
Data Recovery Labs La, Los Angeles, CA.
Since January 2008
- Performed analysis on given data.
- Drew conclusions about the data acquisitions.
- Evaluated problems, challenging situations and crises and investigated solutions by using data analysis.
- Prepared analysis reports.
- Determined the procedures to perform the data analysis and trained the staff members about these procedures.
2. Data Analyst
CDM Communications Inc, Los Angeles, CA
April 2004 - December 2007
- Performed different procedures in order to obtain data from the customers and people in general.
- Trained the employees about these new procedures.
- Prepared analysis reports to present to the executives.
- Maintain the database updated and do backups from time to time.
Download this sample now: