A database administrator (DBA) is the person responsible for everything that involves the creation of a database for an organization. They develop, design, implement, monitor, improve, repair and secure the database. The DBA has to develop security measures to protect database information.
The DBA plays an important role in a company because he/she is in charge of the security and integrity of the company's information. The threat of hackers and crackers guarantee an improvement in job positions of this industry. In fact, according to statistics, the employment rate will grown in about 20% in the next years.
The salary of a DBA is one of the highest. DBAs also receive bonuses. A professional that has a good Database Administrator Resume can earn between 60 and 100 thousand dollars per year. The salary is influenced by the years of experience and number of titles and certifications.
21 West Pomfert St.
Wilmington, DE 19899
Challenging position as a Database Administrator in a growth-oriented firm.
2005 - Present Database Administrator
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in design and maintenance of clinical databases.
- Experience with external sources, i.e., laboratory data or medical coding dictionaries.
Biogen Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, DE
2001 - 2005 Assistant Database Administrator
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of the clinical databases and programming of the edit checks.
- Validated and edited check rules and other programs.
- Formatted, loaded, and transfered data into clinical databases using Oracle Clinical.
- Created and maintained study documentation in accordance with SOP's.
- Supervised and performed quality review of junior level DBA's to ensure success of all operations and resolution of any internal conflict.
Thomson Communications, Chambersburg, PA
- Designed and implemented utilities which automated several DBA functions.
- Monitored and tuned IMS and CICS/IMS applications.
- Translated logical design through physical design into IMS control blocks.
- Established customer support tracking database.
- Maintained geographic client locator database.
B.S., Computer Science, 1999
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
More Database Administrator Resume Samples
In your Database Administrator Resume all your information cannot be mentioned because a resume has to be short and concrete. However, during the interview you can talk a little more about your experience and acquired abilities.
1124 S 241st Avenue Goodyear, AZ / (623) 454-4934 - (623) 956-4544 / firstname.lastname@example.org
A self-motivated, responsible and reliable professional with very strong technical skills. More than eight years of experience in the database administration, five of which were exclusively dedicated to Oracle Databases.
- Database Administrator
January 2002 - Present.
DataTrend Group, Goodyear, AZ
- Mechanical Engineer
April 1995 - December 2001
Avondale Automall Towing, Goodyear, AZ
- Mechanical Engineer
May 1993 - June 1995
Atv Tech, Goodyear, AZ
May 1988 - June 1990
Brake Masters, Goodyear, AZ
- Database: Oracle8i and 9i Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access.
- Platforms: J2EE, .NET, Windows NT/2000/XP, Sun Solaris, HP-UX, Linux.
- Programming: SQL, PL/SQL, Java, C/C++, Perl, FORTRAN, Assembler.
- Development Tools: Sybase PowerBuilder, Visual Basic, .Net, Oracle JDeveloper.
- Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional Certification.
- Oracle Enterprise Linux Certified Administrator.
- Master in Mechanical Engineer at the Northern Arizona University, 2001-2004.
- Oracle Training - Oracle7/8/8i DBA training courses, 1998-2003.
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering at the Northern Arizona University, 1990 - 1995.
- Technology automotive training program at the Universal Technical Institute, 1988-1989.