81 East Norton St.
Miami, FL 33122
Home: (306) 555-9018
Voice: (306) 555-3119
A position where I can utilize my web and graphic design skills. I am open to any opportunities for projects that involve developing innovative and technically challenging print and multimedia.
Ten years experience in Technical Writing, primarily in software user manuals and procedures (process documentation), as well as five-six years in web design/development, with a demonstrated interest and ability to learn new technologies and applications. Experience with web-based publishing, working with software engineers and developers. Knowledge of Windows platforms, including IIS web server administration. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Barton & Kline, Miami, FL
Desktop Publisher, 2004 - Present
Responsible for designing document styles in Ventura Publisher to match corporate standards. Solved technical problems with Ventura Publisher in a multi-user LAN environment, including programming in GWBasic and DOS batch. Converted text from the Xerox Office system to the PC and desktop publishing. Wrote and proofread numerous user guides
S.A. Media (Publishers of the monthly Better Homes magazine),
Desktop Publisher, 2000 - 2004
Created various layouts and designs for Better Homes' advertisers. Completed various DTP prepress image processing jobs for the magazine. Designed and created various covers for occasional supplimentary and bi-annual publications.
B.A., Graphic Design, 2000
University of Richmond
, Richmond, VA
Download this sample now:
More Desktop Publisher Resume Samples
In the market there are some professionals who have never received any formal preparation to work in this area. They are self learners. However, when they present their Desktop Publisher Resume in a company; most of the time they are not chosen due to the lack of certifications.
209 SE Coolidge Avenue Lee, FL
To get a challenging position as a Desktop Publisher, in a company where I can use all my knowledge and skills.
- Design professional with a wide knowledge in desktop publishing, graphic design and technical art.
- Capable of using a variety of software to realize the desktop publishing activities.
- Great imagination and outstanding drawing skills.
- Domain of the design programs: HTML, Frame Maker, Adobe illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, PageMaker, CorelDraw, PageMaker.
Desktop Publisher, July 2009 to Present
Dunlap Printing & Signs
- Created brochures and magazines according to the client's requests.
- Coordinated with sales representatives and printers about the specifications of the brochures.
- Designed web ads.
Technical Illustrator, May 2008 to June 2009
- Designed the magazine pages.
- Responsible for technical drawings, newspaper paste-up, diagrams and illustrations which were later proposed to the clients.
- Assisted the photographer in photo lab.
Associate of Science in Design and Multimedia degree.
Kieser Univeristy from 2009 to 2010.
Bachelor's degree of Science in Software Engineering.
Kieser Univeristy from 2004 to 2009.
Download this sample now: