The information of a company has to be shared among all the departments. This is possible thanks to the Local Area Networks (LAN); they allow people to share information as well as resources. A LAN administrator is the one who make sure that the network is working correctly and if it not the case solve the problem. Some of a LAN administrator's main duties are:
- To install and administer Network Stations.
- To install, configure and maintain share resources (Hardware Software).
- To plan and Implement Network Security.
- To solve the problems that the implementation might have.
Your salary depends on the kind of LAN Administrator resume that you write and the kind of company that you're applying for. In general, the average salary for these professionals is around 70,000 dollars per year. The number of job positions is also increasing each year because companies still need to share information resources.
1812 South Antrim St.
Houston, TX 77209
(317) 555 - 6218
An accomplished Microsoft LAN administrator with a history of progressively responsible positions. In addition to strong technical and analytical skills, I posess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
First Data Systems, Houston, TX
LAN Administrator, 2004 - Present
- Started as desktop support and over the next three years was promoted twice, first to Assistant LAN Administrator, and then to LAN Administrator, where I was responsible for maintaining the Microsoft LAN and WAN environment.
- Specific duties consisted of supporting 150 seat LAN and remote users throughout the country using direct dial in and VPN solutions.
- Worked on many WAN issues with associates throughout the country.
- Assisted network engineers on various projects involving ISDN, ATM, and frame solutions.
- Responsible for selecting hardware and software for supported users.
Allied Healthcare, Houston, TX
Technical Specialist, 2001 - 2004
- Performed independent tasks, troubleshooting functions, modified on-line inter-company
database, data entry, spreadsheet management, and creation of company documents.
University of Texas, Austin, TX
B.S., Computer Science, 1999
Microsoft Certified Professional.
Available upon request.
Download this sample now:
More LAN Administrator Resume Samples
A well-written LAN Administrator resume sample will give you more possibilities to get a job. Even when there is a lot of competition in this field, there are still many job opportunities as well. Getting one will depend on your abilities.
- Address: 858 Durham Ct Union, NJ.
- Telephone: (908) 845-7845 - (908) 965-8456
- E-mail: Smith98@hotmail.com
Highly talented IT professional with extensive preparation in LAN Administration. Looking for a LAN Administrator position in a well-established company.
- More than five years of experience in working with LANs.
- Exceptional communication skills (Written and oral.)
- Capable to give solutions to any kind of problems.
- Outstanding abilities to present information and solve people's doubts.
- Standard edition, email, IE, Netscape, etc.
- Strong knowledge of server client relationships, network usage/file sharing and drive mapping.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
- Operating Systems: Novell Netware, Microsoft Windows, Windows Server, UNIX, Linux, MS DOS.
- Hardware Tools: Vax, Intel Touchstone Delta, Unix Workstations with numbers of DSP chips with array processors, TC/IP configuration LAN and Networking.
- Networking/Protocols: TCP/IP Protocol Suite, TFTP, ISDN, Broadband Digital Cable, ATM, Wireless LAN, 10/100/1000 Ethernet.
- Programming Language: Pascal, Turbo Pascal, C, C++, Java, Java Swing and Python.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering (2005)
STEVEN, Institute of Technology, NJ.
Metromedia Fiber Network Services
2006 - Present
- Detected areas with lack of security and implemented the appropriate changes.
- Maintained routing protocols to maximize uptime and improve productivity.
- To assure the correct function of Router and Switch configuration files.
- Solved any problems with the LAN and maintained network infrastructures.
- Provides guidance to LAN users.
Download this sample now: