A network administrator is the person who installs and configures what it is necessary to allow the communication between two computers which are in different buildings, cities or even countries. Once the network is installed, the network administrator has the duty to maintain it.
The employment opportunities for this career are excellent and according to statistics, in the US by the year 2016 this industry will grow in 27%. The states that require more of these professional are: New Jersey, San Francisco and California. These states are also the ones that may the best salaries, between 40 and 80 thousand dollars per year.
If you want to get a good job, follow the following steps:
- Get a bachelor's degree in computer science or in any related field.
- Look for internship to gain experience.
- Improve your skills. Finishing the career does not mean that you will not have to study any more.
- Keep your Network Administrator Resume sample updated.
17 South Fourth St.
Memphis, TN 38091
(619) 555 - 0238
Cyclone Technologies, Memphis, TN
Network Administrator, 2005 - Present
Responsible for supporting entire software network for this 400-employee company,
including LAN technologies, internet, intranet, and Ethernet systems.
Henshaw Incorporated, Memphis, TN
Networking Consultant, 2000 - 2005
Responsible for cross-connecting multi-platformed systems and providing website
traffic strings for tech support communications.
Bradshaw Systems, Richmond, VA
Assistant System Administrator, 1997 - 2000
Responsible for generating and maintaining operating systems.
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
B.S., Computer Science, 1997
Certified Network Administrator (CNA) - 2003
Network Systems Specialist, Microsoft Certified - 2002
Available upon request.
Download this sample now:
More Network Administrator Resume Samples
Even when you have a degree, a certification from Technical Institutions or from well known companies will make your Network Administrator Resume sample look more interested for the employer and as a result, you may have more opportunities to get hired.
9465 Union Hill Road Canton, GA
- Several years of experience in network administration.
- Extended knowledge in planning, designing, configuration and managing of enterprise network systems.
- Capable to solve Software and Hardware problems.
- Experience in network security and firewall configuration.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Windows NT, 2000, and XP server.
- UNIX, Linux, and Novell NetWare.
- LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, IPX/SPX.
- Network cabling and hardware analyst.
- Visual Basic, VBScript, Perl, SQL, .Net.
- Spanish - Advanced Level
- French - Basic level
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science at Morehouse College in 2002.
Network Administrator February 2006 - Present
Digital Network Solution, Alpharetta, GA
Responsible for network management. Developed security policies and provided technical support for application systems integration with database server and application.
PC Support Technician January 2003 - January 2006
F6 Networks, Alpharetta, GA
Responsible of the operating system and the desktop software installation as well as network troubleshooting.
Download this sample now: