Whether you are a junior reporter working in a small magazine or in weekly newspaper, or an experienced journalist working in big television stations, this article will help you a lot in your job search. Even though the schedule of these professionals is unpredictable, they are aware that their role in news is the key to maintain people informed.
Their salary can vary from media to media. According to Payscale data, a television journalist can earn a yearly salary of $100,000 while a newspaper journalist's salary ranges from $30,000 to $80,000. Having a good Journalist resume sample is a must in every job search, thus here we provide you some templates to help you in this arduous task.
919 West Gordon St.
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717) 555 - 6217
Position as a staff writer for a major metropolitan newspaper.
- Feature of the Year, 2005, for: Building More Prisons: When Retribution Hinders Rehabilitation.
- Wade Teagle Fellowship in Journalism Studies, 1999
- Morris K. Udall Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Journalism, 1997
Harrisburg Patriot News, Harrisburg, PA
Feature Writer, 2004 to Present
Feature reporter, covering political and social issues in the Harrisburg area.
Public Opinion, Chambersburg, PA
Editor: Local News Section, 2000 to 2004
Reported on a variety of stories citywide. Provided daily coverage of major local events.
Athens Journal, Athens, OH
Staff Writer, 1997 to 2000
Covered local sports at high school and college levels. Averaged feature sports stories each week and numerous shorter game summaries.
Covered meetings of the local board of supervisors, courts, and marina governing board. Averaged two stories a week.
Ohio University, Athens, OH
B.A., Journalism, 1997
Morris K. Udall Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Journalism
Download this sample now:
More Journalist Resume Samples
As we have mentioned above, it is strongly recommendable to submit an outstanding resume, thus choose one journalist resume sample and add your own information. Notice that both resumes have different structures and styles.
120 East College Avenue,
Looking for a very challenging and responsible role as a journalist.
Summary of Qualification:
- Experienced journalist with 7 years in the field.
- Good command of Spanish and French language.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral.)
- Responsible, well-oriented and committed.
- In-depth knowledge of complex politics matters.
- Proficient in MS Office (word, excel, power point.)
The Sun, Tallahassee, FL
- Gathered information and reported daily news.
- Wrote several articles about local news.
- Assisted on investigation projects about social problems.
- Attracted a wide readership of more than 200,000 people.
- Took final decisions about content and design.
Part Time Writer 2004-2008
The New York Times, Tallahassee, FL
- Responsible for the newspaper's economy section; wrote numerous articles of approximately 1000 words each.
- Developed social blogs and contributed to the design of the newspaper's website.
- Edited and proofread articles, reports and stories.
- Prepared written content for headline news and for the editorial section.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism (2003)
Oglesby Union at the Florida State University, Tallahassee.
Mr. Rose White
The New York Times
Download this sample now: