701 West Jefferson St
Alexandria, VA 22301
A position as men's apparel buyer for a major department store.
- Assisted buyers in selection of merchandise.
- Created promotional concepts.
- Prepared orders, budgets, and inventories.
- Purchased and maintained inventory for a $12M company.
- Designed newspaper and radio advertisements.
Jones' Department Stores, Washington, D.C.
Assistant Buyer, 2004 - Present
- Assisted in purchases of men's wear sold in men's departments at 40 stores nationwide, with yearly annual sales exceeding $3M. Assisted in drafting of budgets, problem solving for individual branches, and developing new merchandising concepts.
- Analyzed sales and planned key promotional events.
The Athlete's Source, Richmond, VA
Assistant Buyer, 2000 - 2004
- Compiled and maintained records of items purchased or transferred between departments.
- Interviewed suppliers to obtain price and specification information.
- Prepared and sent purchase orders, communicated with vendors to Ensure the availability and delivery dates of goods.
- Worked with the head buyer to develop new concepts and merchandising ideas.
B.A., Business Administration & Retail Sales, 2000
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
Download this sample now:
Both buyer resume samples have similar information, but organized in a different way. Make sure that your resume is accompanied with a cover letter.
230 East 410 South, Salt Lake City
To obtain a position as a buyer in a department store.
Great skills to perform efficiently its duties and negotiate with suppliers and clients.
- Purchasing: exceptional negotiation skills; can acquire the best products at affordable prices. Long experience in buying cosmetic and health care products.
- Product Distribution: Responsible for shipment and delivery proceedings, as well as the coordination with local and regional partners about future purchase orders.
- Training & Supervision: Hired and trained new purchasing agents assigned to the Sales Department.
- Computers: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse, Murray, UT
- Selected all merchandise and managed stocks.
- Created promotions and visual displays to increase sales.
- Responsible for purchase orders, budgets and stock maintenance.
- Assisted the Marketing Department on new launch campaigns.
Integration Account Executive (2002 - 2005)
Walmart Supercenter, Salt Lake City, UT
- Scheduled promotional events and showrooms for new products line.
- Gathered information about products and prepared a report to managers and executives.
- Provided assistance service to clients ( product information, pricing and promotion.)
- Conducted sales of chain department stores.
B.S., Business Administration/Marketing (2001)
Utah State University , Salt Lake City, UT.
A.A.S., Business Administration/Marketing( 1998)
Eagle Gate College, Salt Lake City, UT.
Membership of the American Marketing Association.
Download this sample now: