He/she prepares and manages annual budgets and forecasts. He also prepares sales goals and reports. He/she may be responsible for the store's visual merchandising. He/she meets with his vendors' representatives and negotiates purchases for the company. He/she analyzes sales and reports them to management. He/she may recruit and manage retail staff. He/she also may assist in the development and implementation of custom- and private-label merchandise.
Buyers, commonly known as purchasing managers, are in charge of purchasing orders to supply department stores and shops with all the necessary merchandise. They report directly to managers and executives by presenting growth forecasts, monthly budgets and other kinds of reports. Likewise, they are responsible for window displays at stores.
Finally, we recommend you to highlight the following skills in your buyer resume to get a job interview as soon as possible:
- Quick decision-making, problem-solving and time-management skills.
- Analytical, communicative and mathematical abilities.
- A bachelor's degree in merchandising.
701 West Jefferson St
Alexandria, VA 22301
A position as men's apparel buyer for a major department store.
- Assisted buyers in selection of merchandise.
- Created promotional concepts.
- Prepared orders, budgets, and inventories.
- Purchased and maintained inventory for a $12M company.
- Designed newspaper and radio advertisements.
Jones' Department Stores, Washington, D.C.
Assistant Buyer, 2004 - Present
- Assisted in purchases of men's wear sold in men's departments at 40 stores nationwide, with yearly annual sales exceeding $3M. Assisted in drafting of budgets, problem solving for individual branches, and developing new merchandising concepts.
- Analyzed sales and planned key promotional events.
The Athlete's Source, Richmond, VA
Assistant Buyer, 2000 - 2004
- Compiled and maintained records of items purchased or transferred between departments.
- Interviewed suppliers to obtain price and specification information.
- Prepared and sent purchase orders, communicated with vendors to Ensure the availability and delivery dates of goods.
- Worked with the head buyer to develop new concepts and merchandising ideas.
B.A., Business Administration & Retail Sales, 2000
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
More Buyer Resume Samples
Both buyer resume samples have similar information, but organized in a different way. Make sure that your resume is accompanied with a cover letter.
230 East 410 South, Salt Lake City
To obtain a position as a buyer in a department store.
Great skills to perform efficiently its duties and negotiate with suppliers and clients.
- Purchasing: exceptional negotiation skills; can acquire the best products at affordable prices. Long experience in buying cosmetic and health care products.
- Product Distribution: Responsible for shipment and delivery proceedings, as well as the coordination with local and regional partners about future purchase orders.
- Training & Supervision: Hired and trained new purchasing agents assigned to the Sales Department.
- Computers: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse, Murray, UT
- Selected all merchandise and managed stocks.
- Created promotions and visual displays to increase sales.
- Responsible for purchase orders, budgets and stock maintenance.
- Assisted the Marketing Department on new launch campaigns.
Integration Account Executive (2002 - 2005)
Walmart Supercenter, Salt Lake City, UT
- Scheduled promotional events and showrooms for new products line.
- Gathered information about products and prepared a report to managers and executives.
- Provided assistance service to clients ( product information, pricing and promotion.)
- Conducted sales of chain department stores.
B.S., Business Administration/Marketing (2001)
Utah State University , Salt Lake City, UT.
A.A.S., Business Administration/Marketing( 1998)
Eagle Gate College, Salt Lake City, UT.
Membership of the American Marketing Association.