Caterers are responsible for providing a catering service for business meetings and social gatherings such as weddings, and picnics. Moreover, they frequently specialize in serving a certain type of food such as Mexican, Asian, traditional, gourmet food etc. A certification from a cooking school is highly desirable.
The labor market for these professionals is full of interesting opportunities; however, they have to advertise their services in newspapers or in television. Another effective way to advertise is the demonstration of cooked food at conferences or other types of events. Networking is also required to excel in this kind of job but also a well-written Caterer resume is imperative.
Working in the hospitality sector is very demanding because requirements can vary from event to event. On the other hand, this sector will increase by 5% between 2008 and 2018 according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics which is good news for caterers.
1721 West 112th St.
New York, NY 10102
To obtain a full-time position providing in-house catering for lunches, special events, and executive presentations.
- Presently, recieving 80% of our business through referrals made by satisfied customers.
- Named one of North America's Ten Best Steakhouses by Thomson & Ives, 2006 through 2001.
2004 - Present
Restaurant Manager, Rainwater's Steakhouse, New York, NY
- Directed sales and profitability of high-image full service restaurant founded in 1937, which presently generates up to $1.5M in annual sales.
- Responsible for developing advertising strategies for local and regional publications.
- Created, developed and implemented all formalized operational systems and procedures including employee handbook, flow charts, forms, check-lists, server/bartender/kitchen associate job descriptions and incentive programs.
- Voted one of North America's Ten Best Steakhouses by Thomson & Ives.
1993 - 1996
Loungue Supervisor, Mario's, New York, NY
B.A., Hotel & Restaurant Management, 2000
- Directed 18 associates in lounge operations for full service theme restaurant seating 280 guests and generating $1.3 million annual sales.
- Emphasis on inventory control and business development, generated $25,000 monthly sales. Cultivated Monday Night Football company promotion.
- Designated Employee of the Month on seven seperate occasions.
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
More Caterer Resume Samples
Choose a caterer resume sample and do not forget to attach a cover letter to it. We recommend you to tailor each document to suit the job requirements.
650 Saint Peter St, New Orleans, LA
Looking for a job position as a caterer in a catering company where I can apply all my knowledge and experience.
- Experienced caterer with more than 6 years in the hospitality sector.
- In-depth knowledge of regulations.
- Ability to work well under stressful conditions.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Good command of Italian and French language.
- Exceptional training skills.
- Creative, committed and responsible.
C J'S CATERING SERVICES, Marrero, LA
Manager(2002 - Present)
- Encouraged employees in order to meet deadlines.
- Responsible for food counters and alcoholic drinks.
- Managed a staff of 10 employees.
- Assisted clients in selecting catering services.
- Provided a high customer service.
A & W CATERING SERVICE, Gretna, LA
Supervisor(1997 - 2002)
- Scheduled all daily tasks.
- Responsible for the dining area.
- Assisted chefs in the preparation of Asian food.
- Dealt with all the clients' complaints.
- Graduated in Arts with specialization in Social science from Loyola University New Orleans, New Orleans, LA (2004.)
- Graduate diploma in Hotel Management and Catering from Dillard University, New Orleans, LA (2001.)