Chefs are professionals trained at cooking schools to master new cooking techniques and guide kitchen assistants. They are usually hired by food establishments where they prepare foods and create new receipts. Since the hospitality sector is a very profitable business, chefs aspire to have their own restaurant chain. On the other hand a well written resume is a must if you want to be considered for this position, thus we will provide you with some Chef resume samples to help you in your job search.
In addition to this, there are certain things that you should stress in your resume in order to attract your employer's attention:
- Master of cooking skills (boiling, braising, sauteing, grilling and poaching.)
- Specialty area (e.g. French, Chinese, Italian food)
- Time management, communicative skills.
- Required certifications.
451 Rio San Lucas Ave.
San Diego, CA 92110
Chef for a high class establishment where my experience and culinary specialties will be utilized in preparing a wide range of international cuisines.
- Proven ability to produce quickly under pressure, without sacrificing quality.
- Basic mastery of cooking philosophy and technique.
- Full range of managerial skills.
- Understanding of all key health and sanitation concerns.
Chef 2005 - Present
- Guest Specialist, Morris Elliot Cooking Show.
- Recipie publication: Home & Kitchen Magazine.
- Top Honors, Johnson School of Culinary Arts.
Willington's Bistro, San Diego, California - Prepared a variety of specialties for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 400 to 1000 covers daily.
$3M in revenue annually. Direct supervision of Sous Chef, Kitchen Supervisor, and 20 cooks.
Pastry Chef 1999 - 2005
La Jolla Villa, Del Mar, California - Created daily dessert menu. Established kitchen protocols for each menu item, still in use today.
Created several new desert items, including the La Jolla Souffle.
B.A., Culinary Arts
Specialization: Itallian Cuisine
Download this sample now:
More Chef Resume Samples
After starting your job search, we recommend you to use these chef resume samples as a guide and then attach a cover letter to your own resume.
445 West Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL
Experienced chef with a Chinese food specialty in search of a job position in a highly prestigious restaurant.
China Delight, Tallahassee, FL
2007 to Present
- Managed all kitchen operations and assigned duties to kitchen assistants.
- Prepared reports, budgets and inventories.
- Created daily new receipts and menus.
- Hired and trained junior chefs.
- Supervised a cooking staff of 25 employees.
Little Athens Gyro, Tallahassee, FL
2001 to 2004
- Improved the quality of service.
- Responsible for purchase orders and inventories.
- Trained new cooks.
- Developed new menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Handled the pastry section
B.A. in Restaurant Management
Keiser University; Tallahassee, FL
Specialization: Chinese Cuisine
Download this sample now: