721 East Beston St.
Albany, NY 12214
A position as a city planner that will effectively utilize my knowledge and experience.
2004 - Present City Planner
The City of Albany, Albany, NY - Responsible for sign amortization program. Performed zoning code and ordinance research and evaluations. Prepared telecommunications industry analyses for the Albany City Council. Developed database and Geographic Information System applications.
1997 - 2004 Assistant City Planner
The City of Centerville, Centerville, NY - Assisted the Head Planner in open space and neighborhood planning, including the 12th street Free Playing Fields and the successful opposition - on environmental grounds, and in defense of Centerville's high quality of life rating - to the Monroe Hills Industrial complex.
||Masters, Urban Design & Planning
Columbia University, New York, NY
Dissertation: "The Fall of Main Street, USA ."
||B.S., Urban Planning|
University of Texas, Austin, Texas
American Planning Association
Society of American City and Regional Planning History
International Planning History Society
Download this sample now:
More City Planner Resume Samples
Each city planner resume sample has a different design, while the first one is a concisely written document; the second one is an extended resume for experienced professionals.
250 West Huron Road, Cleveland, OH
To obtain a city planner position in a city where I can apply all my knowledge and use my extensive experience in the construction sector.
- Exceptional communication skills to coordinate with regulatory bodiessuch as lawmakers.
- In-depth knowledge of urban planning principles.
- Great analytical and technical skills.
John Carroll University, Cleveland, OH.
- Master of Science in Environmental Studies, GPA 4.0 (1999.)
Chancellor University, Cleveland, OH.
- Bachelor of Science in Urban Planning, GPA 3.59(1995.)
City Planner (2008-Present)
City of Centerville, OH
- Checked application forms for new road and building drawings.
- Worked as project manager for long-term projects that included drafting architectural plans and tracking zoning regulations.
- Coordinated complex projects with other colleges, agencies and organizations.
- Designed new plans for residential and commercial buildings.
- Respected all legal policies and procedures.
- Suggest amendments to local ordinances in order to improve the environment.
City Planner (2004-2007)
City of Oakwood, OH
- Visited and gathered information about environmental problems that affect the community and suggested practical solutions to the council.
- Responsible for initial studies and preparation of zoning planning.
- Provided professional advice to developers and builders about ordinance requirements.
- Review business licenses and all legal procedures before carrying out zoning plans.
Assistant City Planner (2000-2003)
Cuyahoga County, OH
- Wrote monthly reports to the Council board regarding zoning planning.
- Assisted senior city planners in clerical duties.
- Updated all data and daily checked Law journals to keep informed of new zoning regulations.
- Developed ways to modernize roads and shopping centers.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Database: SQL, Oracle.
Download this sample now: