Copywriters are very good at writing; therefore, they use their great writing skills to attract the readers' attention at advertisement campaigns, and in order to make a successful Copywriter resume you should emphasize these skills. In order to do so, they have to apply special writing techniques by promoting companies' products or services. They are usually hired by larger companies that are related to the marketing and advertisement sector where their services are highly required. The labor market is full of great opportunities because they can find interesting job opportunities as freelancers or in the following working environments: advertisement campaigns, radio stations, marketing companies, television stations among other profitable business.
In regard to their educational background, a bachelor's degree in marketing, advertisement or journalism is highly desirable. Taking some writing courses are also recommendable. On the other hand, a copywriter's average yearly salary ranged from $28,050 to $40,350 in 2010 according to Paysacale.com.
1275 Seger Lane
Los Angeles, CA 90015
A challenging and rewarding position as a copywriter.
- Experienced in writing feature articles, technical documentation, and creative print/radio ad copy.
- Extensive experience in Internet research methods.
- Versed in copyediting, transcription/editing of interviews, and proofreading.
2005 - Present Senior Copywriter
Ingenuity Design Sollutions, San Francisco, CA Responsibilities included interacting with market leaders - and multi-disciplinary teams - to propose, develop and execute online business strategies and e-solutions for Internet, Intranet and Extranet sites.
Clients included: Johnson & Johnson, Philip Morris, HSBC, Footlocker, Fox, and Chase Manhattan Bank.
Interacted with designers, architects, programmers, account executives and new business development team to devise strategic solutions based on client's business
1999 - 2005 Freelance Media Planner
Handled media needs for such companies as Waldorf Astoria & Waldorf Towers, Peacock Alley and Oscar's Restaurants, Liberty Science Center, and M & T National Bank.
B.A., English, 1999
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA
More Copywriter Resume Samples
We recommend you to choose one copywriting resume sample and then add your own information. Attach a cover letter to your resume once it is finished.
450 East Van Buren Street, Phoenix, AZ
Looking for a challenging copywriter position at a marketing company where I can demonstrate my expertise in writing.
Computer Programming Skills
- Achieved a Bachelor in Arts Degree from Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, AZ.
- Achieved an Associate Journalist Degree from Fortis College, Phoenix, AZ.
- Graphics Programs: Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Bryce 3D.
- MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Seven Ultimate and Linux.
- HTML Editing program: Microsoft FrontPage.
2002- Present : WorkED as a Direct Mail Ad Copywriter.
Swift Corporation, Phoenix, AZ
- Created several types of catalogues and brochures aimed at launching different product campaigns.
- Specialized in certain catalogue genres to obtain a niche in the market.
- Hired and supervised junior copywriters.
- Responsible for the materials needed for advertisement campaigns.
1997- 2002: Worked as a Senior Creative Writer.
Schuff International, Phoenix, AZ
- Edited and proofread a wide range of catalogues for music album campaigns.
- Promoted efficiently product features and increased sales records by utilizing creative writing techniques and original graphic designs.
- Responsible for new publicity campaigns (catalogues, brochures, covers, etc).
- Trained recently hired copywriters where they learned to adopt the company's writing style.
- Coordinated with photographers, printers and designers about final catalogues.