Court workers transcribe speeches word-for word at legal proceedings. They are detail-oriented professionals with an exceptional hearing and great writing skills. In order to make sure that all the words are recorded effectively, they employ several methods like stenotype machines and digital/audio recording systems. At the end of legal proceedings they have to proofread their own transcription to make sure that this document is free of grammatical and spelling mistakes. Likewise, they have to create a terminology database of all terminology used at court hearings and use them to make transcribing a little bit easier.
A training course in reporting techniques is necessary to apply for this position; however, some states require a Registered Professional Reporter accreditation from the National Court Reporters Association, so if you have this accreditation make sure you highlight it in your Court Reporter resume sample.
918 Hillside Terrace
San Diego, CA 92113
Position as Court Reporter.
- Certified as a Registered Professional Reporter by the National Court Reporters Association.
- Ability to keep confidential information.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Track record of reliability.
- Exceptional communication, grammar and editing skills.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
|2005 - Present
Legal Secretary La Jolla, CA
Towson & Sons
Prepared confidential legal documentation and correspondence:
mergers, acquisitions, and litigations. Supervised office support
|2001 - 2005
Hawbaker & Kazminski San Diego, CA
Prepared and produced all forms of written correspondence.
Drafted annual reports and scheduled appointments.
Associates Degree, Criminal Justice
University of San Diego, San Diego, CA
Download this sample now:
More Court Reporter Resume Samples
Choose a court reporter resume sample, and customize it based on the job description. It is also important to attach a cover letter to your resume.
110 E 9th St # A1915
To obtain a position as a court reporter where I can apply all my knowledge and experience.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- In-depth knowledge of specialized legal terminology.
- Exceptional spelling and punctuation skills.
- Familiarity with legal court hearings.
- Great ability to interpret legal instructions.
- Proficiency in legal transcripts
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice (2002)
Golden Gate University, Los Angeles, CA.
- Certified Registered Professional Reporter
California State Government
Court Reporter: 2006-Present
- Recorded and transcribed accurately all speeches at court and trial hearings.
- Identified each participant while transcribing dialogues.
- Edited and proofread all transcripts before presenting them to the judges.
- Prepared reports and distributed legal files to participants.
- Indexed all legal transcripts and records.
- Assisted judges in clerical tasks.
Tennessee Office of State Personnel
Official Court Reporter: 2003-2005
- Recorded audios at trial hearings and then transcribed the audio content.
- Filed legal files and transcripts and entered information about participants into a database.
- Assisted judges, attorneys, and court personnel in daily activities.
- Presented monthly reports to judges.
- Maintain confidentiality about court proceedings.
Download this sample now: