Hairstylists, also known as hairdressers, provide a direct customer service to customers who want to change their personal appearance. Training and expertise is necessary to work in this profession because they have to create new hairstyles and at the same time provide professional advice to their clients. According to BLS data, the average hourly wage of a hairstylist ranged from $6.68 to $18.7 in 2006.
Since exclusive beauty salons hire beauty school graduates and long experienced hairstylists, more and more people sign up for cosmetology or other related beauty programs. On the other hand, if you are looking for a job position in a hair salon and you are preparing your Hair Stylist resume sample, there are certain requirements to meet:
- Good with people, patience and creativity.
- Exceptional manual dexterity and hair cutting, coloring and shampooing skills.
- Certifications and diplomas from beauty schools.
313 North Summit St
Portland, OR 97091
(810) 637 - 5555
Position as a senior hair stylist with managerial responsibilities.
Style by Georgio, Portland, OR
Hair Stylist, August 2006 to Present
- Individually maintained loyal clientelle base of 70 customers at this heavily trafficed, modern studio.
- Specialized in african hair styling, including braids, corn rows, and other modern styles.
- Twice named Salon Employee of the Month.
- Supervised a team of five new associates.
New Visions Salon, Portland, OR
Hair Stylist, June 2004 through July 2006
- Maintained regular client list of 80 people, serving as their exclusive hair stylist.
- Designed contemporary new styles for both genders and a variety of hair types.
- Responsible for scheduling all appointments.
Portland Beauty School, Portland, OR
Certificate of Completion, 2004
Available upon request.
Download this sample now:
More Hair Stylist Resume Samples
We will provide you with two hair stylist resume samples, choose one and then tailor it to meet job description requirements. It is highly recommendable to accompany your resume with a cover letter to ensure a job interview.
178 Post St # 210, San Francisco, CA
Looking for a hair stylist position in a reputed salon where I can apply my expertise.
Summary of Qualifications:
- 10 years as hair stylist in the most famous hair salons.
- Certification from Marinello School of Beauty.
- Nominated as the "Best Hair Stylist" in 2005.
- Assisted in promotional campaigns and events.
- Exceptional customer service.
- Expert in latest styles and trends.
Hair stylist, Chakra SalonSpa, San Francisco, CA
- Responsible for the hair coloring and straightening by applying current trends and machines.
- Cut hairs in different styles and advised customers about natural hair treatments.
- Showed new hair style techniques in fashion shows.
- Arranged appointments and received calls.
- Improved and created new hairstyles based on current fashion trends.
Hair Stylist, Headlights Hair Salon, San Francisco, CA
- Responsible for cutting and curling hairs.
- Assisted customers in any inquiry about hair care.
- Applied and innovated new hair style techniques.
- Trained new staff members.
Gold medalist in hair styling certification from Marinello School of Beauty (2000)
Mrs. William Smith
Urban Roots Hair Salon, San Francisco, CA
Download this sample now: