Legal aid workers provide legal assistance services to low-income families. They are experts in legal proceedings; therefore, they can interpret complex legal documents and file suits against companies or individuals. Likewise, they can represent defendants (elderly people and/or individuals who cannot afford a lawyer.) They also carry out clerical tasks at law firms such as typing memos, answering the phone and arranging meetings. Moreover, they assist senior attorneys in daily activities and provide consultancy services to clients.
Job search in this sector could be daunting if you do not have a good legal aid workers resume. Therefore, we provide you with some tips to write an outstanding document:
- List your educational qualifications (associate degrees, paralegal/legal aid studies.)
- Organize your working experience in a chronological order and describe your role in each organization.
- Highlight your main achievements and skills.
- Attach a cover letter to it.
817 Park Ave
Seattle, WA 98023
(614) 555 - 0283
Legal Aid Practitioner.
Johnson Industries International
Legal Counsel, 2005 to Present
- Acted as the in-house lawyer for the company, and was responsible for providing legal support for all company operations.
- Instrumental in establishing written company policies and training materials with respect to international trading laws and regulations, and general commercial practices.
- Provided prompt, efficient and practical legal advice to support to a busy, demanding clientele of traders.
Hawbaker & Associates, San Francisco, CA
Legal Counsel, 2002 to 2005
Antitrust litigation. Researched issues in unfair competition, product liability, and insurance. Reviewed personal injury cases.
Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
Editor, Law Review
University of California, Berkeley, CA
B.A., Political Science, 1999
Dean's List, Prytanean Honor Society
Debate Society, Editor of Literary Review
"Toward a More Progressive Tariff Policy", Journal of Law and Ethics, 2008
Download this sample now:
More Legal Aid Worker Resume Samples
Pick up one legal aid worker resume sample and customize it based on data from the job description. Attaching a cover letter is an excellent idea to attract the employer's attention.
2152 Northwest 28th Avenue
- Looking for a legal aid worker position in a reputable law firm.
- Worked eight years in the legal framework.
- Committed worker with a proactive attitude.
- Well-oriented, strong communicative and time management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology and proceedings.
- Exceptional oral and written skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent typing ability (150 wpm)
Paralegal/Legal Aid Studies, University of Miami - School of Law (2002.)
Executive Legal Aid to Senior Partner (2007- Present)
Shutts & Bowen LLP, Miami, FL
- Worked with other attorneys and legal clerks to provide the best solution for clients.
- Drafted reports, summaries and organized legal files.
- Assisted staff attorneys in their ongoing activities.
- Established a good communication network with low-income clients.
- Responsible for writing legal letters, memos and correspondence.
Legal Secretary (2003-2006)
Rothman & Associates, P.A., Miami, FL
- Worked in several law areas such as tax law, family law, criminal law and immigration laws.
- Assisted lawyers in clerical tasks and scheduled their agendas.
- Entered information about cases into a large database.
- Responsible for typing and filing legal files.
- Researched information about immigration and family cases.
Member of the American Bar Association.
Available upon request.
Download this sample now: