Legal secretaries handle almost all clerical activities at law firms including timing hearings, outlining the entire legal correspondence and updating attorney's calendar. They also program court appearances, engagements and inform lawyers about pending arrangements or meetings. Acting as a go-between for clients and attorneys, legal secretaries also notify involved parties about scheduled hearings by sending notices.
Regarding to their educational background, a university degree is not required, however, most employers prefer job applicants with at least some administrative experience. If you are looking for a job position, we recommend you to use the following legal secretary resume samples and tips for writing a resume:
- List you previous working experiences (law firms, jurists' offices.)
- List your college degrees.
- Stress your communication skills (oral and written.)
8351 Westover Ln.
San Antonio, TX 78093
(614) 555 - 0297
A position as a legal secretary that fully utilizes my skills.
Bates & Willburn, San Diego, CA
Legal Secretary, 2004 to Present
Head assistant to two senior partners. Responsible for court filings, preparation of legal documentation, scheduling depositions and doctor appointments, phones, and heavy filing.
City of Hope National Medical Center, San Antonio, TX
Receptionist, 1999 to 2003
Responsible for phones, scheduling appointments, computing, filing, English/Spanish translations with patients/family members, medical billing, data entry and medical transcribing
Skills & Training
- Windows 95/98/2000/NT
- Lotus 1-2-3
- 75 wpm
- 10-key experience
Arlington Community College, Arlington, TX
A.A., Business Administration, 1999
Available upon request.
Download this sample now:
More Legal Secretary Resume Samples
After selecting a legal secretary resume sample, it is highly recommendable to add your own information and then attach a cover letter to it.
110 West Cary Street, Richmond
(804) 214 0730
Looking for a legal secretary position in a reputable Law firm.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Proficient legal secretary with more than 8 years of experience in the legal framework.
- Exceptional multi-task ability and strong communication skills (oral and written).
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state and local court rules and procedures.
- Great typing skills 150 words per minute.
- Good command of English and Spanish languages.
McGrath Joseph Lawyer, Richmond, VA.
- Legal assistant of five senior attorneys.
- Submitted and faxed legal correspondence.
- Trained junior legal secretaries.
- Performed all assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Prepared travel arrangements for lawyers.
Troutman Sanders LLP, Richmond, VA.
- Notified clients of summons issued by judges.
- Responsible for preparing correspondence (subpoenas, summons, complaints.)
- Checked law journals to get news about pending cases.
- Organized attorney's calendars and travel arrangements.
- Filed all documents in alphabetical order.
- Made purchasing orders for required supplies.
A.A. - Business Administration.
Bluefield College; Richmond, VA.
Download this sample now: