Paralegals work consist of assisting senior attorneys in clerical duties such as gathering information, preparing cases and providing trial support to lawyers. Their tasks can vary from law firm to law firm. They can specialize in legal fields like personal injury, criminal law, corporate law, among other fields. An associate degree in paralegal studies is the minimum requirement for this position; however, some paralegals can be trained on the job. In regard to their salary, it ranged from $73,450 to $29,260 in 2008, according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
To sum up, if you are looking for a position as a paralegal you should start by writing an outstanding Paralegal resume. We advise you to follow these tips to get a job interview as soon as possible:
- Highlight your organization and communication skills (legal and oral).
- List your paralegal studies. (Associate or bachelor's degree).
- Stress your proficiency in MS Office.
- Do not forget to attach a cover letter to your resume.
8374 Banker St
Los Angeles, CA 90213
(919) 555 - 2364
Position as a paralegal.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented; adherance to deadlines and budgets.
- Familiar with a variety of computer applications: Word, Excell, Powerpoint, etc.
Hawthorne & Burke, Los Angeles, CA
Paralegal, 2005 - Present
Responsibilities included scheduling appointments; arguing motions; conferencing cases
in pre-trial procedure; drafting notices of discovery, subpoenas, and complaints; and
preparing clients for examination before trial hearings.
Franklin County Municipal Court, Riverside, CA
Judicial Assistant, 1999 - 2004
Participated in civil and criminal trials, took depositions, and drafted court decisions.
University of California, Riverside, CA
Certificate, Paralegal Studies, 1999
Download this sample now:
More Paralegal Resume Samples
Here we provide you two paralegal resume samples; it is also recommendable to accompany your resume with a cover letter.
150 East High Street, Jefferson City - (573) 741-4297
To obtain a paralegal position within a reputable law firm.
- Highly qualified professional with 5 years in the legal field.
- Strong educational background in legal issues (toxic torts, malpractice and litigation suits).
- Preparation of legal documents (pleadings, wills, real estate closing).
- Coordination of daily legal activities at office.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with legal terminology.
- Great time management and organizational capabilities.
Carson & Coil, P.C., Jefferson City, MO
Litigation Assistant / Records Manager, 2002-present
- Received, processed and filed all legal correspondence related to international and local legal cases.
- Gathered information and prepared reports to senior attorneys.
- Proofread and sent legal letters.
- Assisted attorneys in managing legal data.
- Updated law library and legal documents.
- Applied business management principles.
- Kept confidentiality of client information.
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - 2005: Columbia College, Jefferson City, MO.
Proficient in MS Office.
Download this sample now: