Staff journalists assist senior journalists in administrative task in newspapers as well as in radio and television stations. They carry out a whole series of duties from gathering information, researching cases, developing stories to covering local news. In order to perform all these tasks, staff journalists are required to obtain certain qualities such as having good writing and oral skills, good ethics, professionalism, confidence, persistence and curiosity. Because of their unpredictable schedule, they are sometimes working late at night or early in the morning proofreading breaking media and/or other media bulletins.
On the other hand, there are great opportunities of promotions in this field; they can specialize in a specific field. We recommend you to have a well-written Staff journalist resume if you want to get a job in this competitive labor market.
18 Easton Dr.
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717) 555 - 6217
Position as a staff journalist for a major metropolitan newspaper.
- Feature of the Year, 2005, for: "The Decline of Main Street, USA".
- Wade Teagle Fellowship in Journalism Studies, 1999.
- Morris K. Udall Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Journalism, 1997.
Harrisburg Patriot News, Harrisburg, PA
Managing Editor, 2004 - Present
Supervised a staff of twelve people. Generated new story ideas for features. Responsible for all aspects of editing, writing, and reporting.
Athens Journal, Athens, OH
Sports Reporter, 2000 - 2004
Covered local sports at high school and college levels. Averaged feature sports stories each week and numerous shorter game summaries.
Ohio University, Athens, OH
B.A., Journalism, 2000
Morris K. Udall Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Journalism
Download this sample now:
More Staff Journalist Resume Samples
After selecting a resume, it is recommendable to add your own contact information to the staff journalist resume sample. Both have similar sections but different content.
1390 Atlantic Drive, Suite 14360, Atlanta, GA
To get a staff journalist position in a broadcasting station.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Experienced staff journalist with seven years in the field.
- Good command of Italian language.
- Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills.
- Committed, responsible, detail-oriented and hardworking professional.
- Proficient in MS Office.
WSB-TV Channel 2, Atlanta, GA
- Covered daily news related to local crimes and social problems.
- Edited bulletins and updated news on the official web page.
- Assisted senior journalists in long-term investigation projects.
- Conducted in-depth research about international news.
Part Time Writter 200-2006
News America Marketing, Atlanta, GA
- Wrote important articles for leading articles.
- Gathered information and developed stories.
- Drafted documents that were later revised and edited.
Bachelor's Degree in Journalism (2003)
Morris Brown College in Atlanta, Georgia.
Mr. Richard White
News America Marketing
Download this sample now: