Zoologists are specialists in animals' behavior. They usually carry out research at laboratories or explore wildlife habitats. A major in zoology or biology is mandatory for this position; however, a PhD in zoology is preferred by most employers. According to their level of experience and specialty, a zoologist' salary can vary from workplace to workplace. According to the BLS data, their average yearly salary was $101,601 in 2005. Some work benefits are: health insurance, paid time off and retirement plans.
If you are looking for a job position in this field, we recommend you to start writing an outstanding Zoologist resume. Here we provide you some useful tips to facilitate this task:
- List your educational qualifications (List your bachelor's degree, MBA, PhD.)
- Highlight your analytical, leaderships and problem-solving skills.
- Provide a briefly description of all your previous work experiences.
- Attach a cover letter to every submitted resume.
903 Walton St.
San Diego, CA 92110
(619) 555 - 0293
Seeking a position that utilizes my extensive experience and knowledge in the field of zoology.
- Numerous scholarly publications on primate sociology. Publications include Discovery Magazine, Zoo Life, Primate Journal, and Modern Zoology.
- Professor of the Year, 2007, nominated by the student body of the University of California at San Diego.
San Diego Zoo
Staff Zoologist, 2005 - Present
Specialist in the acquisition of new primates. Performed studies in primate sociology. Monitored progress of ongoing clinical studies.
University of California, San Diego, CA
Lecturer, 2002 - 2005
University of California at San Diego
Ph.D, Zoology, January 2003
University of Southern Georgia
B.A., Animal Science, 1998
Recent Publications & Apperances
- Zoological consultant for Discovery Channel Documentary, "The Primate Connection", 2009.
- "Human Tendencies of Apes" Zoo Review, Holtt Press, March 2008.
Download this sample now:
More Zoologist Resume Samples
Choose a zoologist resume sample and then add your updated contact information. Do not forget to attach a cover letter to every resume that you submit.
1378 Rose Valley School Road,
To obtain a job position as a zoologist where I can apply all my knowledge and expertise.
Dover Zoological Society, DE (2007- Present)
Lead zoological researcher
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Carried out experimental studies on Delaware wild birds.
- Developed scientific experiments to demonstrate the effects of stress on animals.
- Observed animals on laboratories and in their natural habitat.
- Found a cure for tropical animal diseases.
- In-depth knowledge of water and land animals.
- Gathered and studied animal data.
- Good analytical, time-management and communication skills.
- Ability to examine in detail.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology (2003.)
- Wilmington University, Dover, DE.
- Master of Science in Zoology (2006.)
- Delaware State University, Dover, DE.
Download this sample now: