Credit managers are responsible for assessing creditworthiness of prospective clients to increase the company's sales and reduce bad debts. They also establish procedures and policies for credit processes; in other words, they are accountable for the whole credit system of a company or an organization.
Concerning educational requirements, a bachelor's degree in economics, accounting or in any other related financial field is highly desirable. Job applicants who hold a specific certification are usually hired by employers. Furthermore, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary of a credit manager was $101,190 in 2009.
If you are looking for a credit manager position in a financial institution, it's recommendable to start by writing an effective Credit Manager resume. And in order to do so, you should stress the following qualities in your resume:
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge of a foreign language.
- Expertise in financial matters such as credit scoring systems, creditworthiness assessment, etc.
2173 Mission Valley Dr.
San Diego, CA 92110
A position as a credit manager.
First Financial San Diego, CA
2003 - Present Credit Manager
Direct eleven employees in the credit and collection activities
of $15 million in outstanding receivables. Responsible for
maintaining optimal sales while controlling DSO, bad debt,
cash flow, credit policy, and department costs.
1999 - 2003 J.C. Penney Co. Belmont, CA
Collections Manager, Southern California Division
Responsible for sixteen employees in the collection of 116,000
accounts. Provided customer service for these same accounts
specifically responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
Controlled costs of operation to maximize payroll savings.
- CMO Management Skills Certification
- NYNEX Mobile Communications Certification
- J.C. Penney Employee of the month of 6 seperate occasions
1999 University of Oregon Eugene, OR
More Credit Manager Resume Samples
The second credit manager resume sample is an extended document aimed for experienced professionals, while the first one is concise document that presents a different format.
901 Main St # 1756, Dallas, TX
(214) 209-1387 ?
- Committed worker with more than 10 years of expertise in the financial sector.
- Background knowledge of accounting.
- In-depth knowledge of credit matters.
- Great communicative and leadership skills.
- Excellent customer service.
- Management Consulting.
- Real Time Credit Scoring.
- Budgeting and Controlling Expenses.
- Training and Staff Development.
2010 to Present
AT&T- Phoenix, Dallas, TX
- Supervised and maintained credit policies and procedures.
- Extended credit lines.
- Managed credit applications.
- Achieved company's objectives.
- Reported to the executive management board.
2006 to 2009
Hunt Consolidated, Inc. - Dallas, TX
- Trained and supervised a staff of 15 employees.
- Set a direct relationship between the company and its clients.
- Established limits for new credit lines.
- Coordinated terms and contracts with sales and marketing departments.
- Guided assistants and agents in credit activities.
2003 to 2005
Mc Kinsey & Co - Dallas, TX
Supervisor Credit & Collections
- Supervised daily credit activities such as collection and account reconciliation.
- Scrutinized long and short-term sales' agreements.
- Checked account's delinquency reports.
- Maintained excellent communication with clients of the company.
- Hired a new staff for the Credit Department.
Master of Business Administration in Finance
University of Phoenix - Dallas Campus, Dallas, TX(2002.)
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Criswell College, Dallas, TX (1998.)
MS Office, Lotus 1-2-3 and Menu Driven ERP System.