Being competitive and protecting the company's interests at the same time is the main role of an insurance executive. Companies always want to reduce risks of substantial financial losses; therefore, they hire insurance executives to supervise insurance programs and packages. According to the BLS data, a bachelor's degree in accounting, in finance or in a related subject is a requirement for this position. However, employers usually hire job applicants who hold a master's degree.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a good position in this competitive labor market you should prepare an exceptional Insurance Executive resume that highlights the following skills and abilities:
- Good interpersonal, managerial and time-management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of international finance.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
913 South Varna St.
Cleveland, OH 44081
(621) 555 - 8236
An executive level position in the insurance industry.
Proven sales ability. Highly organized and efficient. Extremely capable manager and leader. Proficient in all phases of organizing and coordinating projects, meeting deadlines,
and meeting budgets.
State Home Insurance, Cleveland, OH
Lead Associate, Sales, 2005 to Present
Supervised department of 20 employees. Responsibilities included development of new accounts and management of ongoing corporate accounts. Responsible for interviewing,
hiring, and training new personnel.
Direct Insurance, Cleveland, OH
Sales Agent,1999 to 2004
Specialized in sale of life insurance policy. Office's highest grossing salesman for three consecutive years, 2001 - 2004.
Hawbaker & Kazminski, Des Moines, Iowa
Legal Secretary, 1995 to 1999
Worked for three lawyers specializing in personal injury law and malpractice. Wrote rough drafts of briefs in malpractice cases. Regular correspondence with insurance
Insurance Institute, Baltimore, MD
M.B.A., Business Administration, 2001
University of Iowa, Des Moines, Iowa
B.A., Business Law, 1997
Download this sample now:
More Insurance Executive Resume Samples
Both insurance executive resume samples differ from one another in its structure. Choose one of them and then tailor it to meet the company's job requirements.
1120 North 2nd Street
To obtain a challenging and rewarding position as an insurance executive in an insurance claim company.
O'Hara Insurance, Harrisburg, PA
Insurance Executive, 2009-present
- Processed all income claims and assisted team leaders.
- Handled queries, complicated claims and complaints very well.
- Supervised departments that held 30 employees.
- Responsible for hiring new personnel.
American Income Life Insurance Company, Harrisburg, PA
Insurance Agent, 2004-2008
- Provided detailed explanation about terms, clauses and conditions of policies.
- Managed insurance programs and assessed clients of the company.
- Gathered information from witnesses, videos and records.
- Expert in MS Office.
- Expertise in management of insurance policies.
- In-depth knowledge of legal matters and great ability to negotiate.
- Exceptional organizational, managerial and communicative skills.
- Skilled at maintaining new networks.
- Great persuasion skills.
- Can provide an excellent customer service.
Widener University, Harrisburg, PA.
Bachelor of Business Administrator in Sales (2003.)
UGI Utilities Inc, Harrisburg, PA
Download this sample now: