Legal clerks, commonly known as law clerks, usually work in law firms assisting attorneys in administrative tasks. Nine out of ten employers hire university graduates or law students to handle office duties such as researching legal matters, answering calls, organizing and preparing paperwork, etc. If you are applying for a job position, we recommend you to submit a well-written Legal Clerk resume attached to a cover letter.
In order to attract employer's interest, it's necessary to present an outstanding document. Pay attention to the following tips to write an outstanding legal clerk resume:
- List your educational qualifications (associate or bachelor's degree in paralegal studies.)
- Stress your organizational, time-management and communicative skills.
- Highlight your high level of proficiency in legal and civil matters as well as your work experience in this sector.
- Attach a cover letter explaining your interest in the position.
623 23rd St.
Milwaukee, WI 53048
Challenging law clerk position in a growth-oriented organization which offers diverse job responsibility.
Court of Special Appeals of Wisconsin, Milwaukee,WI
Law Clerk, The Honorable James. Bryce, 2005 - Present
Researched and drafted memorandum opinions for the Chief Judge and specially assigned judges of Wisconsin's intermediate appellate court.
Assisted the judge in preparing continuing education seminars for other state judges. Performed clerk duties for other judges on the circuit court as needed.
Sheridan & Williams, Milwaukee, WI
Attorney, 2001 - 2005
Performed all tasks related to the management of cases in a general civil litigation practice: Drafting of and responding to interrogatories and document production
requests; drafting of and responding to various pleadings and motions in insurance defense, negligence, and maritime cases; preparation for and taking of depositions;
any and all other organizational duties necessary for trial preparation.
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
University of California, Davis, CA
B.A., Political Science, June 1999
Prytanean Honor Society
Semi-Finalist, Advocate of the Year Competition
Download this sample now:
More Legal Clerk Resume Samples
The second legal clerk resume sample is aimed for experienced legal clerks, this concise document contains meaningful information that you should include in your own resume. The first document is also a good option, choose one of them and then tailor it to meet the company's job requirements.
225 Wolf Road,
Looking for a legal clerk position in a Law firm where I can apply all my educational background and share my previous experience.
Proskin Law Firm, Albany, NY
- Handled legal files and ordered supplies.
- Entered information in databases.
- Assisted in litigations.
Ettinger Law Firm, Albany, NY
- Gathered information and prepared written reports to judges and jurors.
- Maintained confidentiality about legal matters.
- Carried other assigned tasks.
Hanson Law Firm P.C., Albany, NY
- Performed all assigned administrative tasks with a perfect decorum.
- Aided jurors by organizing their agendas.
- Organized witnesses, judges and spectators in the courtroom.
Bovill Law Firm, PLLC, Albany, NY
- Carried out research of legal issues.
- Assisted judges in pending cases and other duties.
- Organized and completed necessary paperwork.
State University of New York, Albany, NY
Post- graduate diploma, 1998.
Albany Law School, Albany, NY
Bachelor's Degree, 1995.
Download this sample now: