Purchasing agents are an important part of every organization because they make sure that the organization can acquire equipments and services at reasonable prices without wasting money. They, also known as buyers, are highly required by large companies. Furthermore, job seekers who hold a bachelor's degree or a MBA usually have better job opportunities.
According to BSL data a purchasing agent's salary ranged between $34,000 and $64,000 in 2006. Moreover, this job has good prospects for promotion because you can be promoted to the following positions: assistant purchasing manager, logistics manager among others.
Highlight the following qualifications in your Purchasing Agent resume to attract your employer's interest, and consequently get a job interview:
- Great communicative, mathematical and negotiation skills.
- Able to check carefully technical data.
- In depth knowledge of supply-chain management.
903 Whalen Ave.
South Bend, IN 46814
(810) 555 - 2736
Challenging position as a purchasing agent in a growth-oriented organization, which offers diverse job responsibility and the potential for advancement.
- Proven ability to streamline operations, while maintaining top performance.
- Effective use of statistical models to predict outcomes.
- Ability to delegate, manage, and prioritize.
Hillcrest Industries, South Bend, IN
Purchasing Agent, 2002 to Present
Calculated monthly and yearly material requirements to facilitate purchase and delivery of raw materials. Negotiated contracts with suppliers. Coordinated all aspects of material planning and stock room material flow.
Delta Technologies, Detroit, MI
Distribution Center Manager, 1997 to 2002
Streamlined shipping process, resulting in an annual savings of $1.2M. Developed computerized spreadsheets to track daily receiving, packaging, and shipping.
Univesity of Detroit, Detroit, MI
B.A., Business, 1997
Download this sample now:
More Purchasing Agent Resume Samples
The second purchasing agent resume sample is aimed to experienced professionals while the first document is for those who have recently graduated. Both resumes vary according to job experience.
211 Saint Charles Ave # 3710
New Orleans, LA
Looking for a purchasing agent position in a transnational organization.
- Made good purchases at reasonable prices.
- Great ability to negotiate and manage supplier's proposals.
- Excellent communicative and leadership skills.
Canal Barge Co Inc, New Orleans, LA
Purchasing Agent (2009 - Present)
- Purchased numerous equipments that were indispensable for daily business operations.
- Developed direct communication with suppliers.
- Prepared monthly and yearly reports.
Whitney Holding Corporation, New Orleans, LA
Purchasing Agent, (2004 - 2008)
- Purchased 15 retail outlets in New Orleans.
- Negotiated good prices with vendors.
- Implemented a new security system to avoid damage and loss of merchandise.
Natchez Steamboat. New Orleans, LA
Purchasing Agent, (1999 - 2003)
- Established an effective communication between marketing and sales departments.
- Reported directly to managers and executives.
- Was Responsible for shipping processes.
- Managed and organized all purchasing orders.
Tulane University - New Orleans, LA
B.A. Business Administration (1998)
Download this sample now: