Production managers are responsible for acquiring the best product at the best price, likewise, they carry out management duties in sales department. There are several factors that influence the decision of a purchasing manager such as reliability, quality and price before contracting a supplier. They also supervise shops, boutiques and department stores to make sure that merchandise is properly displayed on shelves. Regarding to educational qualifications, a master's degree is a requirement for this position; however there are also others certifications for purchasing agents such as CPPO, CPPM, CSCP, CPPB among others, so if you are making a new Purchasing Manager resume include this information.
According to BLS data approximately 527,400 jobs positions were held by purchasing managers in 2008. Furthermore, almost 42% worked in manufacturing industries and wholesale trades and 10% worked in the retail trades.
13 West Rhodes St.
Columbus, OH 43206
(318) 555 - 9238
A challenging and rewarding position as a purchasing manager.
Summary of Achievements
- Negotiated reduced prices with vendors, resulting in $2M savings
- Sourced products internationally.
- Worked with diverse populations, conversant in Spanish.
- Developed experience in a variety of purchasing activities.
Byron Technologies, Columbus, OH
Purchasing Supervisor, 2004 - Present
Directed all plant purchasing functions.
Negotiated purchase orders for all production materials.
Developed purchasing agreements and contracts.
Orchestrated plant-wide inventory planning meetings.
Giant Foods, Columbus, OH
Purchasing Coordinator, 1999 - 2004
Supervised the activities of four buyers in food warehousing environment.
Negotiated pricing of annual purchases in excess of $20M
Conducted staff training and evaluation.
Education & Training
Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
B.S., Business Administration, 1999
Certified Purchasing Manager, 2001
Available upon request.
More Purchasing Manager Resume Samples
Choose a purchasing manager resume sample and then tailor it to your needs. Each resume has different formats and sections.
1214 Main Street, Houston, TX
Looking for purchasing manager position in a company where I can apply my managerial skills.
Macy's, Houston, TX
Purchasing Supervisor (2008 - Present)
- Responsible for supervising purchasing agents.
- Negotiated short term agreements with key suppliers.
- Coordinated with marketing departments for purchasing projects.
- Responsible for purchasing operations.
Nordstrom Houston Galleria, Houston, TX
Assistant Purchasing Manager (2006 - 2007)
- Contributed to increase company's profitability improving and implementing purchasing programs.
- Managed purchasing department during manager's absence.
- Made independent decisions and schedule daily office functions.
- Supervised purchasing assistants and agents.
- Established an effective communication system between suppliers and employees.
Letourneau University, Houston, TX
B. S. in Business Administration
Certified Purchasing Manager (2005)