There is not especial qualification in order to apply for this position; however, workers with a high school diploma are usually required by employers. Finally, to get a good position you will need an outstanding retail clerk resume, thus in this section we provide you some helpful tips to write an outstanding resume:
- Emphasize your communication skills.
- List your educational qualifications.
- Update your reference information.
- Attach a cover letter.
81 Norland St.
Shreveport, LA 71162
(601) 555 - 8300
Retail Clerk position with a growth-oriented company that offers challenging responsibilities and the potential for advancement.
Excellent attendance record.
Willingness to take on added responsibility.
Strong sense of ethics.
Coordinated successful national marketing campaigns.
Value Plus Department Store, Shreveport, LA
Retail Clerk, 2004 - Present
Handled all customer requests and inquiries. Responsible for arranging store displays of feature merchandise and dressing store windows.
Shoe Show, Monroe, LA
Clerk, 2001 - 2004
Responsible for all aspects of customer service, making bank deposits, and securing store at close.
University of Lousiana, Shreveport, LA
B.A., Communications, 2004
Cedar Cliff Communinty Colleges, Monroe, LA
A.A., Liberal Arts, 2000
Download this sample now:
More Retail Clerk Resume Samples
Although cashier and retail clerk jobs are similar in functions, retail clerk usually provide extra services. Assisting customers to find products, organizing products in shop shelves and arranging products attractively in shop windows are the main tasks carried out by retail clerks. Since retail clerk service is essential to any kind of business, they are hired in a wide range of department stores, boutiques and shops.
1403 Walnut Street, Philadelphia
EXPERIENCED RETAIL CLERK
- Retail clerk experienced in customer service.
- Four-year record of hardworking, excellent performance.
- "Employee of the Month" eight times in 2007.
- Carried out all assigned duties on a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service.
- Good communicative skills.
- Cash-Handling Accuracy.
BUFFALO EXCHANGE , Philadelphia
Retail Sales Clerk, 2006 to Present
Welcomed customers in a friendly manner, processed all transactions under stressful conditions. Handled scanners and cash registers among other electronic devices to list of all customer purchases and balanced cash desk at the end of the day.
- Several times named "Employee of the Month"-provided an excellent job performance and an exceptional customer service.
- Commended by manager for being a committed employee.
- Rewarded with numerous awards for processing transactions in a relatively short period of time.
PENN WILLIAM HIGH SCHOOL, Philadelphia
High School Diploma, 2005
- Expert at operating POS system, cash registers and scanners.
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Available for all shifts
Download this sample now: