Being a retail manager is a demanding job, because it involves supervising the staff, maintaining sales records, working long hours, etc. If you want to work as retail manager, you can start by applying for a cashier position and then after years of experience, you can be promoted to a senior position. On the other hand, if you have a bachelor's degree in business or accounting, you will get better chances to be hired directly for a retail manager position.
Finally here we provide you with some useful tips to write a good retail manager resume. Try to follow them.
- Highlight your leadership, interpersonal and management skills.
- List your educational qualifications as well as your previous job experiences.
- Describe your functions in each job and use keywords from the job description.
- Attach a cover letter that emphasizes your interest in the job position.
79 South Baxton St.
Portland, OR 97299
(603) 555 - 0928
A challenging Retail Management position in a fast paced environment that will allow for personal growth and career advancement.
Summary of Qualifications
- Retail Manager with experience with a major department store chain. Skilled at planning and budgeting; employee training;
adherence to company standards; and customer relations.
- Redesigned Klein's floor layout, resulting in a more attractive store and a 300% increase in customer traffic.
- Averaged 17% year-to-year sales increase.
Klein's Department Store
Store Manager, 2005 - Present
Increased sales volume by 150 % in less than three years. Designed more attractive merchandise presentation strategies and special marketing campaigns,
resulting in increased store traffic and profits. Hired and trained sales staff. Increased store inventory and expanded merchandise purchases.
Responsibilities included purchasing, merchandising, customer service, and all facets of running a department store.
Strands Department Store
Men's Department Manager, 2003 - 2005
Promoted from hourly position. Responsible for increased sales through use of aggressive city-wide marketing campaign and more
attractive department layout. Daily operations included cash deposits and inventory control.
Portland State University, Portland, OR
B.A., Marketing, 2003
President, Business Ethics Society
More Retail Manager Resume Samples
Each retail manager resume sample is for a specific job seeker. For instance, the first document is aimed at retail managers who have a short experience in this field. On the other hand, the second one is for experienced retail managers.
1164 Brickyard Road,
Salt Lake City
Phone: (801) 486-6130
AWARD-WINNING RETAIL MANAGER
- Successful in both startup and turnaround processes.
- Named "the best retail manager" four times.
Sundance Catalog Outlet Store. Salt Lake City, UT
Store Manager, 2010 to present
Assistant Store Manager, 2008 to 2009
Promoted to supervise startup for new Sundance Catalog Outlet Stores. Managed $20M, 90 employees and certain departments (clothes and grocery lines). Enforced new marketing strategies, and executed corporate policies.
Walmart Supercenter, Taylorsville, UT
Store Manager, 2007
Assistant Store Manager 2003 to 2005
Department Manager, (Electronics), 1999 to 2002
Maintained high quality standards in all assigned locations. Supervised staff personnel and encouraged workers to achieve target sales.
The Gateway-- Salt Lake City, UT
Store Manager Trainee, 1995 to 1998
Assistant Department Manager, (Women's Wear, ), 1992 to 1994
Sales Associate, (Various Departments), 1991 (concurrent with college)
Increased sales records by 60%. Applied new marketing and positioning techniques. Carried out training programs in customer service.
Major in Business, 1990
Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, UT.
TECHNOLOGY AND LANGUAGE PROFICIENCIES
Computers: MS Office and inventory systems
Foreign Language: Fluent in German
- Store Manager of the Year (Salt Lake City, UT ), The Gateway, 1996.
- #1 in Sales (Taylorsville, UT ), Walmart Supercenter, 2005.