Sales manager is a challenging job that requires strong communicative and time-management skills. Salespeople are usually promoted to sales manager positions; however, recruiters and employers hire university graduates for this senior position. These professionals usually work in the private sector for large transnational companies. Among their duties include: reporting sales records to CEOs, preparing presentations, encouraging sales staff and reaching sales targets.
We recommend you to write an outstanding sales manager resume to get a job interview. Therefore in order to do so, there are certain skills and requirements that you should highlight in your resume, these are the following:
- Leadership, team-working and managerial skills.
- Sound decision-making, responsibility and trustworthiness.
- Supervise sales staff and marketing campaigns.
- Can work flexible schedules to meet deadlines.
821 Cayuga St.
New York, NY 10002
(212) 555 - 0293
A challenging and rewarding position as a Sales Manager.
Summary of Achievements
- Coordinated accounts for several multi-national corporations.
- Initiated successful venture into key Latin American markets.
- Developed online network linking salesmen, retailers, and factories.
- Strong background in sales, marketing, merchandising, and staff development.
Ashton & Crawford Inc., New York, NY
Bank Manager, 2003 - Present
Managed deposits of over $25M and loans of $8M. Supervised and motivated a team of twelve employees. Worked directly with top executives of
national and international corporations to deliver excellent service on loans and deposits.
Sullivan Consultants, New York, NY
Manager, 1997 - 2003
Controlled second largest investors' portfolio after only three years with the firm. Consistently high ranking sales performance.
New York University, New York, NY
B.A., Business Administration, 1997
More Sales Manager Resume Samples
Here we provide you with two sales manager resume samples, each document has different sections. It is highly recommendable to attach a cover letter to your resume before sending it to your employer.
1130 N.W. Davis Street, Portland, OR
Designation: Regional Manager
Organization: Rogers' Corporation. Portland, OR.
Duration: 3 years
- Established successful partnership with consortium of seven private companies which generated revenues of $3.6 million in the second year.
- Won the Rogers' Corporation Sales award in 2009, for Best Sales Manager.
- Carried out successfully campaign sales by working together with the Department of Marketing.
- Responsible for 150 part-time employees.
- Maintained sales records by directing all efforts to the attainment of determined sales targets.
- Co-worked with marketing and accounting departments in launching campaigns.
- Negotiated good contracts in behalf of the company in trade shows and business conferences.
Designation: Sales manager
Organization: Brothers Jackson Inc. Portland, OR.
Duration: 8 years
- Established good relationships with suppliers and clients.
- Organized and trained new employees that will work for the sales' department.
- Assisted CEOs and other executives in the planning and development of new campaigns.
- Supervised 50 employees.
- Carried out regional and national launch campaigns.
- Assisted trade shows as a representative of the company.
MBA, Concordia University, Portland, OR. (1998)
Diploma in Business Management from Everest College, Portland, Oregon. (1995)
- Proficient in MS Office ( Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.)
- Peachtree Accounting Software.
- FileMaker Pro 4.0.
"Best Sales Manager" for 7 consecutive years (Brothers Jackson Inc.)
Surpassed sales targets several times (Rogers' Corporation.)